As the movement toward a mobile society increases, so does the quantity of available data on mobile devices. The NATO SOF Cellular Phone Exploitation Course (CEC) concentrates on the retrieval and examination of data from mobile devices and the fusion of this data into intelligible reports. Students will learn telecommunications fundamentals, mobile device data structure, how to identify and correct corrupted data, file carving, and the manual digitization of data residing on mobile phones that cannot be extracted.
Once data is available for analysis, CEC students will be presented with a series of scenarios where they will triage extracted information and structure the data for further analysis. From increasing extraction ability by troubleshooting damaged devices, to combining multiple extraction reports to visualize a communications network, A NATO SOF CEC graduate will leave with the software tools and knowledge that can immediately enhance CELLEX capabilities at any level of operation.
The CEC is revised every course to stay current with emerging technologies, extraction procedures, decoding techniques, and analytical advances. This course has a technology-heavy curriculum.
US MASL Number: D272040
- Comms / Computers
- NATO SOF campus, Chievres Air Force Base near Mons
- Government/Military – Any Service
- See NSOS calendar
- 2 weeks
- Contractor / Civilian
- This course has a computer-heavy curriculum.
- Students should be very comfortable with;
- 1) Microsoft Office 2010 before attending the course.
- In addition to a 3232 in English language skill, students should be comfortable speaking English in front of groups to participate in this course.
09/11/2017 - 09/22/2017
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
(NSOF-35) NATO SOF Cellular Exploitation Course
Chievres Air Base, Lens Belgium
Course Schedule Overview (The course listing may change due to updates or corrections)